Well, it turned out, not too bad. In a couple of hours that evening, I managed to write a script, less than 300 lines, which pulls out Ubuntu packages off its repository, does dependency checking, install the packages with proper dpkg records and build myself a nice Puppy - command line only. I took Puppy base (rootfs-skeleton and initrd-tree0) from Woof-CE, the rest was done by my script. I announced that to the forum and it was generally well-received.
I will probably polish it a little bit (perhaps to the point that I can get Xorg running) before releasing the code (in my github fork of Woof-CE). Watch this space.
Edit - Delete
No comments posted yet.